- Queen's Greatest Hits album is the UK's all-time best selling album, with sales upwards of 5,407,587 copies, over 604,295 more copies than its nearest competitor, The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Greatest Hits II is the seventh best selling album of all time in the UK.
- Queen have released 18 number one albums as well as 18 number one singles and 10 number one DVDs.
- On January 2007, it was announced that Queen's Greatest Hits I & II was the most downloaded album on iTunes in the US
- They have sold more than 300 million records worldwide.
- Queen albums have spent a total of 1,322 weeks or twenty-seven years on the United Kingdom album charts; more time than any other musical act including The Beatles and Elvis Presley.
- Queen and Abba are the only two undisputed artists to have sold more than 300 million records worldwide, making Queen the second best selling worldwide artist of all time.
- Queen was voted the Greatest British Band Ever, even surpassing the Beatles.
- Bohemian Rhapsody was voted the greatest single of all time with results drawn from a series of polls.
- Their performance at Live Aid in 1985 was voted the Greatest Live Performance Ever.
- They are the only band ever in which every member of the group has composed a number one single.
- Queen are regarded as the first band ever to make a true music video (first used with Bohemian Rhapsody).
- At the time, A Night at the Opera was the most expensive album ever made.
- The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert was held in 1992 and is regarded as the "Largest Rock Star Benefit Concert".
- Over 1 billion people watched the concert from Wembley through their TV and collectively they raised over £20 million for AIDS charities.
- Queen have even sparked a London West-End jukebox musical based on their hits, known as We Will Rock You. It has achieved global success.
- Some of the musicians that have cited Queen as an influence include: Anthrax, Ben Folds Five, Blind Guardian, Kurt Cobain, Def Leppard, Extreme, The Killers, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Guns N' Roses, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Kansas, Katy Perry, Keane, Manic Street Preachers, Marianas Trench, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Mika, Muse, Radiohead, The Smashing Pumpkins, Styx, Lady Gaga.
- Despite the professional criticism they may receive, Queen are persistently considered as one of the greatest artists ever to exist, in popular culture, in the general public opinion, statistically, and historically. One critic site, considering all of these things and more, weighed out the figures to name Queen as the "The World's Favourite Band".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.